Wednesday, June 22, 2016

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Yoonsun Hur

Hello crafty friends, Yoonsun Hur here from Rejoicing Crafts! I am so happy to be a guest for Wplus9 today! Wplus9 is one of my favourite stamp companies for sure and oh, I am so honored!

Today I am sharing a couple of my watercolour cards with some beautiful flower stamps - Beautiful Bouquet: Mums and Botanical Bunch.

For my first card, I paired the new Beautiful Bouquet: Mums stamp set with the older Botanical Bunch stamp set. First, I stamped the image from the Beautiful Bouquet: Mums set onto watercolour paper with VersaFine Pigment Ink Onyx Black, and then filled in the bouquet even more with a few of the single floral images from Botanical Bunch. I trimmed the finished panel with a stitched rectangle die. Next, I watercoloured them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor using a paint brush. For the sentiment, I stamped it from the Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus set on the watercoloured panel in black. Finally, I mounted the panel on an A2 sized kraft card base using dimensional foam tape.

I have another watercolour flower card featuring my all-time favourite, the Botanical Bunch stamp set. I tried to create a subtle, yet lovely watercolour effect.

First, I stamped the clustered flower image from the Botanical Bunch set at the top & bottom part of watercolour paper panel with Worn Lipstick Distress ink. I then brushed them with a bit of water using waterbrush. Next, I watercoloured the rest areas with Worn Lipstick , Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, and Spiced Marmalade Distress inks using a wet paint brush, then added the Perfect Pearls Mist here and there.

For the sentiment, I die cut the word “Hello” from white card stock using the Hand Lettered Hello Die four times and glued them together using a fine tip glue pen.

Once the panel was dry, I mounted it on an A2 sized white card base using double-sided tape, and then adhered the sentiment die cut at the centre of the card using a fine tip glue pen.

Thank you so much for joining me today!

16 comments:

  1. I am so in love with you work, Yoonsun. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous. I'm so excited from the first card, but the second card blow me away. Brilliant design!
    Love, Maria (a_country_home)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always Yoonsun. I especially like the first one but no question they are both stunners. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always Yoonsun. I especially like the first one but no question they are both stunners. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Yoonsun!! Spectacular and beautiful cards - each of them just bursting with gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are GORGEOUS!!! I love Yoonsun's designs and coloring techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite, Yoonsun!!! That second one has me thinking - thinking I must CASE!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both very pretty but I really like the color combo in the 2nd card. I just love the watercolor look on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards created by Yoonsun are beautifully done. I'm a Distress Ink junkie and love the way she used the inks here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredibly beautiful hardly seems worthy enough to describe these cards!!! Yoonsun, I'm in love with these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply FAB!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both! The second card is really awesome! Yoonsun is always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both stunning, Yoonsun! Your watercoloring is gorgeous. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your watercoloring is just beautiful. I adore your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful creations! So creative and inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her cards are amazing, no matter the technique used! Such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest