Monday, November 23, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #19

I'm back with more plaid! Maybe I will give ya'll a break with the plaid after this one...maybe. ;o)


But seriously, just look at that...how can you not LOVE it? It's just so classically simple and fun. This is a super simple 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card for Dawn McVey's color challenge using the colors aqua, raspberry, lavendar, moss, and brown.


I created the plaid pattern using PTI's Faux Ribbon set (a must have staple set) in MS aqua and moss, and Colorbox chalk ink in raspberry and lavendar. Sorry, but I can't remember the exact colors and I never added the little color labels to the inks. Oops. I've learned now and don't accidentally throw them away. Anyhow, then I used a MS punch for the butterflies, double layered them and added a button to the fourth one. Notice the little anntennae?? That's my ode to Ms. McVey. Just love it when she does that. To finish the card off, I added some faux stitching and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for stopping by. Don't forget, there's still time to play in the Inspire Me Challenge.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, Dawn, these butterflies are GORGEOUS! I love how you made them! I agree it's MUST HAVE stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Love how you incorporated all of the colours in such a sweet, clean and simple way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Great take on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Dawn! Love your preppy plaid butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its classy.... :) awesome... i loved it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you took all the colors and incorporated them into a clean and simple card--cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card! I do love the plaid ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute butterflies and stiching. Way to rock the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fabulous as usual, congrats on Top Pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on Dawn's spotlight! Well deserved for this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the butterflies with the plaid. Great job on the challenge and congrats on the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely card! I love the clean fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the spotlight Dawn!!! Your card is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute card.. love the button on the one butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest